You are 31 weeks into pregnancy!
With the rapid growth of the fetus, he/she has lesser space for activities, fetal movement becomes lesser. He will probably move about 10 times per hour. The baby can turn from one side to another side, eyes will be opened and closed at his preference. Baby starts to differentiate different colors at this stage!
He will also be in the subcutaneous accumulation of a layer of fats, ready for birth. The wrinkles of the baby's face are much reduced, and his arms and legs are plump. Baby's lungs and digestive system has been basically completed, from now on, height growth slowed down and rapid increase in body weight.
Into 31 weeks, pregnant mother's uterus has risen to the diaphragm, you will often feel stomach being uncomfortable, especially after dinner. This symptom will last till about 34th weeks and will alleviate after the head of the fetus lower into the pelvis. You will find that your weight gain is rapid recently, because the baby is growing fast at this time.
The color at your belly, around the lower abdomen and the genitals turn darker, your body stretch marks and wrinkles on your face may become more obvious. Many pregnant mothers do not have quality sleep as the big belly makes turning difficult, no matter how to lie are not comfortable. You may like to ask your husband to gently massage your legs, feet and back, which help in relaxing the muscles before your sleep. At the same time, look forward to the soon arrival of your baby!
Important matters this week
- Edema: If the blood pressure is normal with no urine protein, the swell on your face, hands, legs and feet may be just common symptoms during pregnancy.
- Breast-feeding pads and breast-feeding bra: Breast starts to secrete colostrum in preparation for breastfeeding. If you are going to breastfeed later, you need to start preparing breast pads and breastfeeding bra, and they will help you solve a lot of hassle in future breastfeeding.
- Decrease in fetal movement: If you feel reduce in fetal movement, drink a large glass of juice. If this still cannot make the fetus active, or baby becomes quieter, go to the hospital as soon as possible.
- Clumsy: Your body changes affect the center of gravity, so you can easily collide with the furniture or trip and fall.
If your wife likes to talk, prospective father can be the most loyal audience; if the wife has only few words, she may harbor a lot of doubts regarding pregnancy or, then you should let her know that no matter what happens you will be by her side and confidently paint a beautiful picture of the near future. It is best for the father to travel as little as possible. As a husband, accompanying your wife should be prioritized over most matters.
Monitor amniotic fluid volume
For normal full-term pregnancy, amniotic fluid volume should be about 1000 ml. If the amniotic fluid volume reaches or exceeds 2000 ml, it is considered too much. The exact cause of amniotic fluid is not very clear, often with fetal malformations, multiple pregnancy, diabetes and pregnancy poisoning. A sharp increase in amniotic fluid within a few days is rare. Gradual building up of amniotic fluid to an excess volume over a period of time is more common.
Polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid) should get plenty of rest, follow a low-salt diet;
If amniotic fluid is less than 300 ml, it will be considered too little and a condition known as Oligohydramnios. Oligohydramnios is a dangerous and extremely important signal to the fetus. If the pregnancy is full term, should induce labor soon. If the amniotic fluid is lesser and stickier, it may be severe meconium contamination, while fetal distress, it is estimated that childbirth process will not be fast. After ruling out the fetal malformations, should decide on Cesarean section ends childbirth to significantly reduce the risk of stillbirth.
The baby is now growing slowly and weight is gaining rapidly, indicating that he needs protein and energy. For the growth of your baby you should try to choose high-quality protein, the amount of fat, plenty of carbohydrates and a variety of vitamins, minerals. Then you will feel difficulty breathing, uterine bottom has risen to the diaphragm, after eating always feel uncomfortable stomach, affecting the appetite. At this time, it is best to consume lesser quantity to relieve stomach discomfort.
Sour appetizer - Cabbage milk soup
Ingredients: Cabbage 5 grams, 50 grams of milk, monosodium glutamate 0.5 grams, chicken soup, salt
- Wash the cabbage and remove the tendons. Cut into 4.5 cm long sections and 1.5 cm wide. Put into boiling water and take out once cooked.
- Heat up cooking oil in another pot. Add in the chicken soup, monosodium glutamate, salt and cabbage. After 1-2 minutes, pour in the milk. After boil, add in starch and some chicken oil. Ready to serve.
To a pregnant mother, the fetus is not just flesh and blood, but also has connection psychologically. Pregnant mother's words, deeds and every movement will have a subtle influence on the fetus. Hence, there will be a difference between the babies born by a woman with good self-cultivation and lifestyle compared to one who often plays mahjong, listens to rock and roll music and drinks alcohol. This week, pregnant mother may wish to let the fetus "take a look" at some classical arts, or flip through beautiful photography, art, interior designs on magazines. You can also through prenatal care, tell your child your observations through dialogues.