You are 24 weeks into pregnancy!
Your baby is now about 26 centimeters long and 500g heavy. Although the baby looks thin, but will soon increase the fat. Baby in the mother's womb occupies a considerable space, began to fill the entire space. He seems to keep moving, you may feel the baby jumping in your womb, and this is because he hiccups in a burst of time. He kicks, or poke your womb with a small hand, that is his response to the outside sound and touch it! The fetus can now hear some of the loud noises, such as the sound of a vacuum cleaner, a large sound, the sound of electric drill next door, which will make the fetus restless. Try to avoid exposing to such noises.
When the pigmentation stabilize, the fetal skin becomes less transparent. Because his body produces skin faster fats, the baby may look wrinkled.
At 24th week, the uterus is now about 3.8-5.1 cm in the navel position, from the joint of the phalanx, about 24 cm, convex marks are very obvious, it is difficult to hide. With the substantial increase in body weight, support the body's legs, muscle fatigue increased, uplift of the abdomen oppression of the thigh vein, so that the body more and more heavy. Some pregnant women will feel fatigue especially at the waist and back or gets back pain.
Sometimes pregnant women will feel their eyes are dry, develops photophobia. These are normal phenomenon, so do not worry. If you often feel dizzy, tell the doctor as this may be an indication of anemia.
Important matters this week
- Premature signs: If there are signs of premature birth, under careful care, it is not completely impossible for the baby to survive. Learn some signs of premature birth. If you find vaginal secretions like mucus, pink or blood; more than 4 times per hour of contraction, should immediately see a doctor.
- Gestational diabetes screening: Most of the pregnant mother will go through a blood glucose screening test in 24 to 28 weeks. This test is used to screen for gestational diabetes (a disease with hyperglycemia during pregnancy).
- Dizziness: If you often feel dizzy, have fainting spells, or feel like napping for more than 2 hours daily, consult a doctor. Excessive dizziness and fatigue may be a sign of anemia.
- Replenish appropriate calcium: If pregnant mother takes in excessive calcium, it can cause fetal skull calcification, resulting in dystocia. Therefore, pregnant women who need additional calcium supplement must strictly follow the doctor's advice.
- Insist on brushing teeth: It is very important for pregnant women to brush your teeth. Although progesterone may make your gums swollen, brushing your teeth may cause gum bleeding, it is still important to brush your teeth for oral hygiene.
- Prenatal contraindications: If you wish to give birth to a healthy baby, parents must learn the relevant knowledge, have a correct understanding of the fetus, to meet the scientific law of fetal growth and development, in strict accordance to the mother's pregnancy and fetal growth and development characteristics and condition. One should not violate the principles of medical science and practicing prenatal education blindly. Let the joy of prenatal care accompany your baby through this special period.
Prospective father may wish to decorate the bedroom to add warmth to the ambience. Hang some adorable doll portraits, paintings that your wife loves, loving photos of you and your wife. You can even replace all the curtains. The overall color should be of light and warm tone. You can even start to set up your baby’s room. Of course, not forgetting to seek your wife’s opinions too!
Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that occurs during pregnancy for some pregnant women. 2% to 7% of mothers will develop gestational diabetes, so this is one of the most common health problems during pregnancy. The cause of gestational diabetes is that every time you eat, your digestive system breaks down the intake of food into a sugar component called glucose. Glucose will enter your blood and then provide energy to your cells with the help of insulin (a hormone secreted by the pancreas). Gestational diabetes and type 1, type 2 diabetes, will make glucose in your blood, rather than into the cells that are converted into energy.
How do you know whether you are suffering from gestational diabetes?
If after 24 weeks of pregnancy, there are symptoms of increased drinking, eating, polyuria, weight loss, do not rule out the possibility of gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes diagnosis should first be a special test, and then for diagnosis. First test the blood followed by drinking glucose water, and then repeat the test blood. In general, this diagnosis was performed 26 to 28 weeks after pregnancy.
Suffering from gestational diabetes, what to do?
Your diet must be balanced in terms of protein, fat and carbohydrates intake, providing the right amount of vitamins, minerals and energy. (Plan can only contain a very small amount or no candy!) In order to stabilize blood sugar levels, you must pay attention to not be able to eat, especially breakfast must eat. Studies have shown that proper exercise will help your body metabolize glucose and keep blood sugar at a steady level. Many women with gestational diabetes have benefited after adhering to aerobic exercise schedule (such as walking or swimming) 30 minutes a day. However, the movement is not suitable for everyone, so it is best to consult your doctor, to understand what activities are more suitable for you.
With the increase in gestational age, mother's constipation may become more serious. You should pay attention to diet regulation, eat some laxative food, such as: all kinds of coarse grains, vegetables, black sesame seeds, bananas, honey and so on. Should also pay attention to appropriate exercise, promote bowel movements, conducive to digestion. Yogurt and milk can be added to pregnant mothers’ breakfast and tea break. More beans or soy products can be included into lunch or dinner. At the same time, eat more cheese, dried shrimps, sesame or sesame sauce, broccoli etc.
Diet to counter constipation - Honey sweet potato
Ingredients: 500 grams of sweet potato, red dates, 100 grams of honey, 50 grams of rock sugar, 500 grams of vegetable oil.
- Wash sweet potatoes and peel the skin. Cut into dices, then cut further into pigeon egg shape;
- Wash red dates and remove the seeds, mash them
- Heat the wok with oil, add sweet potato and stir fry. Drain away the oil. Add 300 grams of water, add rock sugar to melt. Add the sweet potato that was briefly stir fried, followed by honey. Add in red dates mesh and spread evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes and serve.
Apart from letting the baby listen to music, the mother can also sing softly. At the same time, visualize the baby listening, known as the hum resonance method. When you do housework, you can sing or hum some lively songs, so that the fetus constantly hear the mother's pleasant voice. This can convey message of love, and also sow the seeds of art. While humming, keep your volume low, similar to the volume when you whisper, so as to not affect the fetus in the uterus.